Thursday, September 21, 2023

Good to Go

Inspirational song: My Old School (Steely Dan)

Yay! It worked! We moved the antenna over to the window with a less obstructed path southeast, and retuned the TV. I now have access to the ABC broadcast. I can now watch the game Saturday. To be clear, I made Mr S-P get up on the bed to pull down the antenna, as standing there to position it the first time was what threw my back out two weeks ago. I didn't need to repeat that mistake.

Now that I'm moving better for longer periods, I'm trying to catch back up on my backlog of house chores. Wow, did I have a lot piled up. In the last couple days, I spent a lot of time addressing laundry. It was doubly awkward to handle between having a busted motor on the washer (waiting for repair still) and having little ability to stand up to put away what could be cleaned. As I kept digging deeper into the closet to find clean things to wear, I started looking much more critically at what didn't get chosen and why. Suddenly my donation bin is full again. That cleared a mental block enough that I could remove all the accumulated crap from the top of the bookshelf under the TV. So much trash, so much dust covering what could have been a cute display area. I pulled every single piece of junk off and laid it out on the bed. I made myself touch everything and choose whether to keep it and where to make it live. The things that survived had to mean something to me. Now maybe during the game I can split my attention between the TV and the rest of the bookshelves below.

We had some spontaneous kid time this afternoon. I hadn't fully finished putting away what was left on the bed, and Dmitri showed me the error of my ways. Grandpa had to snatch a bottle of sewing machine oil before the little man drank it. He was extra grabby the whole time. He really wanted my coke too. His juice cup was nothing compared to the straw in the forbidden sweet drink. We couldn't pry Val away from working puzzles at the table, and we couldn't keep the boy in one spot long enough to eat a single chicken nugget. The best and worst part, at the same time, was Val getting very upset at going home time, because she really wanted to stay at grandma and grandpa's. Flattering, but heart-rending.

So we are prepared, the game Saturday is on ABC broadcast. Kickoff is at 1:30 local, so 12:30 Pacific, 2:30 Central, 3:30 Eastern. Plan accordingly. Wear black, gold, silver, or some combination of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment