Sunday, August 25, 2024

Easy Sunday

Inspirational song: Only the Lonely (The Motels)

Most days, I try to give myself goals, intentions to accomplish something specific, whether it be a doctor's appointment or Rotary event, cleaning task or babysitting duty. Today I allowed myself the freedom of no expectations. So glorious. I think I got more done by telling myself I didn't have to do anything. And yet, nothing was important.

I need to dive back into my Pinterest and save the recipe I used this morning for banana bread. It was exactly right, in the way I modified it. I still have two more overripe bananas, waiting for me to get more 1-to-1 GF flour. We put a couple more things back up on the painted side of the living room. What a relief to have the mirrored coat rack back up, as hoodie season is fast approaching. In anticipation of pulling down the big plant wall on the east, to paint that section, I ordered a four-pack of straight, one foot long plant grow lights, so I can reorganize the shelves, and keep more things alive throughout the winter. I selected the next step down on prime shipping, and it still showed up at my door by 4 o'clock (ordered at 10). Blows my mind.

The kids went to the beach for their last day. I was on the phone with them as they were getting set in the car to head out, and wow, was Valerie shouting her entire vacation to me. I honestly don't remember a word she said, mostly because it was so hard to understand her at that volume. I will interpret this to mean she is truly in heaven, absorbing every new experience and cherishing it as it deserves. I am happy for all of them, littles and grownups too. But real talk now, grandma misses them. I'm ready to hug my babies. I'm ready for shopping shenanigans with my daughter. If I could have my older daughter here too, it would be perfect. I don't know how she is sitting with vacation time these days, so maybe we plan that for several months out. Get me on her list.

(Be prepared for some snapchat filters...)

No comments:

Post a Comment