Friday, May 21, 2021

Bees

Inspirational song: Eric the Half-a-Bee (Monty Python)

A question-slash-observation, particularly for people who live in my part of the country: have you seen a lot of bees so far this year? I haven't, and I'm wondering why that is. In all fairness, I haven't been out in the garden much this year, mostly on purpose (I've had other things to do that I saved energy for). But I come and go through the front often enough that I would expect to see bees in my lavender bushes or in the dandelions that until yesterday were plentiful in our yard. I saw a hornet or yellow jacket (wasn't planning on getting too close to determine which, because I was pretty sure it was a yellow jacket) today in the vegetable garden. A lot of our fruit plants flowered this year (all but the second cherry tree), but I can't for the life of me tell whether the pollinators have been at them. I hope they are out there, and I have just been oblivious.

I had a big plan to get out early today, in order to beat the line at the DMV to get my parking placard. When I arrived, there was absolutely no line. That was because the place is closed on Fridays. That figures. I guess I will try again on Monday.

I have little else of interest. I drank coffee in the middle of the afternoon, so now I'm up late surfing through YouTube, wishing I could sleep. Tomorrow morning is my epic massage that I have been threatening to schedule for about eight years. It's just one hour, not 90 minutes, and I will have him focus only on my legs from the knees down, arms from elbows down, and head, particularly scalp and jaw. I expect this to be the best thing ever. I also expect to feel like pudding afterwards. Now if I can make myself sleep before it is time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment