Saturday, May 15, 2021

Vacation

Inspirational song: The Kids Are Alright (The Who)

Wait, does it count as vacation for the hosts, or just the visitors? I hope so. It feels like it. When we go on vacation, we tend to overdo it, and need a second vacation to rest up from the first. I'll be surprised if I even leave my bedroom come Wednesday. Sadly, I probably would have been like that anyway, knowing me. But this time I will have honestly earned it.

The Mr isn't taking it easy this weekend. He was out all day working on the large flower mound that was only half done last year. I am so glad to see it fully under way now. He agonized over the sprinkler system leading to it forever, and now it's finally fixed so he can move to the next step. He put weed barrier down, extended the ring of rocks, and created a concrete block frame for the second and third tier of rocks. I went out to admire his handiwork and ended up obsessively pulling weeds all over the front yard for more than half an hour. I didn't even make a dent in all the weeds we have, and he has been pulling for more than a month. And now we will have even more flowers to defend. 

We closed our evening being fed delicious potato latkes for dinner and hanging out at a fire with the kids and other grandma. It was a little chilly except for those few minutes when the fire first caught well, and was hot enough to drive us backwards out of the fire ring. We all wound down right around the same time, which was convenient. Once I wound down, I stayed down. And now I need to go lie down. Tomorrow will be just as jam-packed. Yeah, this is vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment