Sunday, May 30, 2021

Flame

Inspirational song: Heart of Glass (Blondie)

Last night was pretty rough. My first real bug in over a year laid me low. My fever broke somewhere around 3 am, but I didn't get any good sleep until after about 5:15 (when last I checked the time). I was sore as hell today, but at least it wasn't like yesterday. 

I rose with four stated goals, to shower, wear clothes, eat food, and take my pills. I accomplished three of the four. Pills were just too much to expect. And I'm giving myself the W even though my clothes ended up being a sweatshirt and fuzzy pajama pants. It was cold and rainy here all day, and I never exited the house. Close enough.

It wasn't until late afternoon, after the baby went home from her grandparents-time, that I was ready for a small cup of coffee. That little bit of caffeine was enough to drive away a lingering headache. Now I have confidence I'll be back to normal tomorrow. It was strange, catching a bug like this, after so long without them. I guess the world really is getting back to itself now, isn't it?

In my quest to take it easy today, I found myself fully invested in some two-hour long glassblowing videos from the Corning museum of glass. Who knew that would involve such tension and suspense? I followed up with a series on the great fire of London. Is this a theme? Fever one day, fire the next?

No comments:

Post a Comment