Saturday, May 22, 2021

Legs

Inspirational song: These Boots Are Made for Walking (Nancy Sinatra)

We have steps! I repeat, we officially have steps! Just a few at a time, but these were real, hands-free, wobbly steps.

There was a surprise Grumping, with the kids dropping by with the baby right as it started to rain, letting me cuddle with my favorite toddler while they went up the block to feed a friend's cat. I set her on the rug, and let her hang on to one of my hands while she walked about halfway across the room. She saw my electronics on the end table, and let go of my hand. She steadied herself, and took three or four honest-to-god steps and grabbed the ottoman, without losing focus on the tablet and phone she wanted. I'm so happy. Now, a month from now, when I can't catch her and I collapse panting on the floor while she runs away giggling... I may be a little less happy.

The extra special massage was every bit as extra special as I had hoped. Although there was one disappointment, when my therapist had to decline to do the scalp and jaw part of the massage because of covid restrictions. He did good work on my neck instead, and the forearm and calf work was so relaxing. He was very gentle, because I came in with some pretty rotten knots. I wanted him to be more aggressive, but he cautioned that we should use this as a test case before we get too rough. After a whole year of paying for time but not using it, I have a lot of hours saved up. I will be burning an hour for just the forearm and calf work at least once more this year. Might be once a quarter. It was purely awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment