Saturday, May 29, 2021

Loosey Goosey

Inspirational song: Alone Again in the Lap of Luxury (Marillion)

Not sure which cutesy saying fits best here. No good deed goes unpunished? Or better, This is why we can't have nice things? A year and a half of masking and hand sanitizer, and none of us getting the flu or colds or stuff, and as soon as it relaxes, some people turn into monsters who don't wash their hands before going to the grocery store. At least, that is what I choose to blame. The only non-family places I went Wednesday and Thursday were two grocery stores and a pharmacy. By Thursday night I was feeling vaguely not-right. By dinner last night, my torso was feeling wrecked and I could only eat half my meal. I felt like I had been tightly trussed with twine like a pinwheel steak. Today is a total write-off. (I could describe my digestion in funny terms, but because I am kind, I will keep that an in-house observation.) I haven't had an honest-to-god stomach bug in a year and a half, but I recognize all the signs. As my rheumatologist says when I describe extra symptoms, "that's not lupus."

So, yeah. My tummy hurts. I'm under more blankets than I usually tolerate. I'm ready to sign off and lie in the dark and hope I kick this by morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment