Friday, May 14, 2021

Introduction

Inspirational song: Superfreak (Rick James)

The great convergence of grandmothers has begun! This afternoon, the Grump was dropped off here while her daddy and other grandma had appointments, and baby met Grandma the Great for the first time. Was she charming and interactive? Of course. Did she show off her skills? Naturally. A good time was had by all. Then, after baby and local grandma (me) both had short naps, her parents and paternal grandma showed up, and Grumpus basked in the glow of three grandmothers all wanting her attention. She showed off exactly as one would expect.

We all went out to one of my favorite restaurants, the Mexican cantina and bike repair shop (owned by Oskar Blues) called Cyclehops. I'm really failing at my job if tonight was the first time my son-in-law, who loves spicy food, ever went to this establishment. It's where I take all out of town guests if at all possible, but I missed getting him there. We stuffed our faces and had a great time chatting and passing around the cuddly baby. We learned that she likes chips and guacamole, although not necessarily at the same time. Fingers are an acceptable vehicle for guac delivery to a baby mouth, or so she says.

I am absolutely wiped out after a long day. It was the best kind of exhausting, with a closing early on, and family and fun for the rest of the time. But wow, will there need to be sleep and stillness next week to compensate.

No comments:

Post a Comment