Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Exhale

Inspirational song: Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin)

We can all breathe a sigh of relief. Saoirse made it through surgery with no troubles. They knew how anxious I was, and we had a long interview when I dropped her off, they called as soon as she was intubated and heading to the OR, and again immediately after she started coming out of anesthesia. I was terrified when I saw the caller ID read that it was from the animal hospital, but they were using happy voices each time, so I calmed quickly. 

I ran down to Sally beauty to get some curly hair stuff, and got Saoirse on my way back. I pulled into the parking lot and called to announce my arrival. The receptionist said no, I couldn't take her. She was too sweet and they were keeping her forever. That made my mommy heart proud. I know how good she is, but I like hearing it from other people too. 

She was really loopy when I got her, and she stood in her seat the whole way home. A few blocks from the house, I noticed she had fallen asleep with her chin on the dash, still standing. We stopped at the last light before home, and it woke her. She looked groggily at me, like I had done something mean by jostling her.

Can I just point out that she looks so adorable in the big t-shirt they are letting me use instead of a cone of shame? I kinda want to keep her in shirts forever, not just the week or two until her sutures heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment