Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Easy or Not

Inspirational song: Up All Night (Boomtown Rats)

With my hyperaggressive, practical joker of an immune system, I honestly believed that I would have a horrible reaction to the vaccine. Beyond needing to nap a whole lot more than usual (which really says something), I was generally fine. I know several people younger than I who have had a much worse experience. One I saw today is actively feeling wretched, one is going through such lingering symptoms from a shot a week ago, they are musing aloud about not getting the second dose. I've heard the theory that if you had the virus, even the first shot can take its toll on a body, so that might explain at least the person I spoke with today. It really surprises me how poorly younger, healthier adults are reacting compared to broken-down old farts like the Mr and me. It shouldn't, but it does.

I was called at the last minute to go watch the baby while yardwork was happening. We sort of watched Cinderella and snacked for a while. My daughter and her friend rented a rototiller, and the unit just refused to work properly. It was bad enough that we hopped in the car and took it back to the place it was rented from, to exchange it for a different one. I split as soon as we got back, so I don't know whether the replacement worked. I'm a little nervous about the theory of landscaping they are working from, but I am willing to shut up and watch to see how it goes.

The baby is getting good at impromptu trips. She had been dressed lightly and didn't mind a bit traveling with no shoes, just a light blankie as a wrap on a cool day. She didn't demand toys or snacks. She just chilled out with grandma, while she sat in the shopping cart, and dozed on the drive home, after making every cute noise in her repertoire. I hope she stays this easy-going. I know there will be a lot of phases to go through, but casual travel is a good skill to learn early.

No comments:

Post a Comment