Friday, May 7, 2021

Trouble

Inspirational song: Danger Zone (Kenny Loggins)

Well, we just dove head first into danger this afternoon. We needed a pond clearing additive, so we went to the riskiest place on earth for two addicts such as ourselves. We went to the locally-owned plant nursery where all the really good stuff is. You should be impressed we got out of there for under a hundred and fifty bucks. I am. The main things we got besides the cleaning agent for the pond was a white peony, a red gooseberry bush, a couple small perennials (phlox, poppy, gazania) and a few annuals for the porch pots. I did wander through the rose room, but so far I did not purchase. I think if I do get one, the color for 2021 will be yellow.

The kids went to have dinner with friends in a neighboring town, so we got to play with the baby while they were gone. I spent a lot of time going back and forth with her, from the front yard to the living room, so I could let her roam and cool off in between me planting my porch pots. I only got three made so far, but between me and the Mr, we used up a lot of the flats we got at Costco, plus putting the new stuff in the ground. Well, some of it is in the ground. Some other stuff is waiting while he orchestrates the next phase of the center mound garden, the one that got abandoned last July when it got too hot for us to be weeding deeply and hauling dirt and boulders. It's almost too warm again now, but spring in the Rockies should provide a few cool days yet.

The baby likes helping with the gardening. Mostly she likes grabbing dirt and throwing it on the sidewalk and sometimes popping a little in her mouth. She got absolutely covered in dirt, but she loved it. At one point, the Mr brought her flying car walker down to the lower part of the porch, and penned her in with the chairs and last year's pots. She just rolled around in the space and had a ball. She can take about one and a quarter steps on her own without holding on, but with a walker, she is unstoppable. Speaking of danger zone. Kid will roll over grandparent toes in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment