Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Persist

Inspirational song: Don't Give Up (Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush)

Every time that child tries to take an unsupported step, something tragic happens. A few days ago, she took a step and a half toward her daddy, and she tripped and fell face first into the toy box. She cried, but eventually was consoled. Today, she took a risk to walk to mommy when she arrived to pick her up, and when she toppled as expected, Saoirse was right there ready to loom over her, and maybe step on her a little. More crying, but not quite as bad as last time. But bless her, she keeps trying like a champ. She will be toddling under her own power soon. 

I got to watch her for the last few hours before her other grandma arrived. The kids needed to be able to do their final tidying before heading to the airport to get her. We had her from noon through afternoon nap, snacks, and bath plus fresh clothes. She spent most of her wake time zooming around in the flying car walker. At least I was smart enough this time to wear big slippers so when she ran into my feet (over and over and over), it didn't hurt.

I'll leave the kids alone for a day, while other grandma gets some cuddle time, but with this being birthday weekend, I will be there with them. I haven't gotten the present I thought of yet. I hope I can find it before Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment