Thursday, May 13, 2021

Plan Comes Together

Inspirational song: We Built This City (Jefferson Starship)

Holy Moly, there has been more than the USRDA of activity in the last week. I burned my very last spoon today, and I felt it as we were finishing up game night. I thought I was going to fall asleep right there on the table, snoring into the very sensitive table mic. 

It was all worth it, though. The hardest work I did was Saturday, with a fair piece of panic cleaning on Sunday, ahead of a visit by the guy who was the best man at our wedding a bazillion years ago. I had a few days to go easy, and focus on other responsibilities, but I had to be back at it yesterday. I had to clean my own house while watching the baby, until it was time for her to go with her parents to the airport, to retrieve her other grandma. But now I have been granted clearance to reveal that for Val's first birthday, she will have three grandmothers present. I drove down to the airport myself today, to bring home Grandma the Great. This is gonna be one heck of a weekend.

So far, my mother has only met Saoirse, which has been pretty cool already. Puppy has been her usual self, by which I mean the Official Cuddle Ambassador of Northern Colorado. It was just before sundown when we arrived home, and it was game night, so we were all meeting online. Tomorrow will be the time for baby to meet her great-grandmother. It's also time for me to close on the house I had listed, so timing will be interesting. It's possible I won't even be present at the introduction. There will be four-generation photos to come, however. We will have to be together somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment