Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Neverending Project

Inspirational song: Hey-Ya (Outkast)

Landscaping with a perfectionist is as difficult as you think it would be. Never, ever say, "Yeah, that looks good. Yay, it's done." That is guaranteed to make them reconsider and pull apart whatever they just accomplished. At least that is what happens around here. I made the mistake of saying how happy I was that the Mr made more progress on building the rock mound in the front yard, the one that was abandoned half-done last July, and sputtered this year while he battled the leaky sprinkler system. I even took pictures when I thought he was done for the day. Then he got T to come over to help move a giant rose quartz rock, and I thought that was it. Then he had to rearrange the rock ring a couple times over. I gave up and started picking weeds, assuming that it will change two or three more times before he fills in the planting spaces with dirt and flowers. At least I have confidence that heavy quartz isn't going anywhere soon.

I started my day early, waking to a series of texts from my friend who wanted to see a trio of houses as possible rental property replacements for the one we just sold for her. I was pleasantly surprised to nab morning appointments for all three, without any hassle. We encountered other realtors and buyers at two of the places. I kind of wish the other one had had people in it. Then the house might have aired out a little better. The stale cat pee smell was so overwhelming that we ended our showing in less than a minute. She just said nope, I'd have to rip out all that carpet and sand the baseboards and I'm not up for that. Amazingly, while I was eating dinner, I got an email from the stinky house, saying they had multiple offers, and if we wanted to try, then submit by tomorrow at three. No, thanks. And the other two were cute, but neither really spoke to her. Maybe next week something will jump out.

No comments:

Post a Comment