Thursday, May 27, 2021

What Sounds Good?

Inspirational song: Making Plans for Nigel (XTC)

Now that I'm feeling brave, it's time to start thinking about what to do out in the world. We should probably ease back into things. No SRO concerts or shoulder to shoulder sporting events (go Buffs) quite yet. Those might be good this fall. I looked up the schedule for Trail Ridge Road today, and learned it is supposed to reopen for the year tomorrow. The Mr, who had asked me to do that particular Google search, responded with "Dare we?" I am not sure whether we will go up to Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow, just for the drive over the top, but maybe we will. It would be mostly just the two of us in our own car, but at the visitors center at the top, there will be big crowds, I can guarantee. 

We will be traveling to Vegas in August for a wedding, which will be fun even though it will be in the freaking desert in freaking August. I am glad the couple dismissed the idea of marrying out in the wild desert itself. I would have had to bring a beach umbrella and battery powered fan if they had. It will be in a wedding chapel, thankfully, and partying at the Fremont Street experience. I think that will easily qualify as a crowd of people. 

So between now and then, I need to work up my tolerance from a mostly protected drive through a national park to walking around old Las Vegas with a bunch of strangers. What can I do to get used to being around humans again? Last night was a good start, with eleven of us around a patio table. Next week, we are going to do boxed lunches for the first in-person Rotary in more than a year. Maybe by the end of June I will be ready to go to a movie in a theater again. I could use some suggestions for other ways to step up re-entry into the world of humans again.

No comments:

Post a Comment