Sunday, May 9, 2021

Room for Activities

Inspirational song: When I'm Cleaning Windows (George Formby)

That was worth it, even knowing I'll pay for it later. I knocked myself out getting my house company-ready, and I can't stop staring at my accomplishment. Every muscle in my body hurts, and I still have two major tasks for tomorrow. It feels so wide open in here now, especially now that I carried out some bulky things that have been sitting in the way since November. My daughter was one of our dinner guests, and I asked her what she thought of all the clear space. She made a funny face and said it was too wide open and she didn't like it.

I tried something new today. I had never used one of those exterior window cleaners that hooks onto the garden hose. The Mr got the last one at Lowe's for me yesterday, and I tried it out during my cleaning blitz today. The big picture window wasn't perfectly spot-free, but boy it is better than it was. It was easy and didn't add to my exhaustion one bit. As I have been emptying out the living room, paring down furniture and plants, I exposed that window, and now the front view is part of my decor. It makes for extra encouragement to complete the rock mound this spring.

Our other dinner guest brought his puppy with him. They both had come into town to visit family and finally have a memorial service for a loved one who died last year. By bringing the dog here, he could be with us longer. It was the first real challenge for Saoirse to have company. After bullying her family back at the ranch and then going into heat, I wasn't sure she would be well-behaved. She was a bit of a goober when we introduced them on the front porch, but once we got him into the house and yard, she did just fine. She even took turns with him accepting meat scraps from dinner. What a good girl. My favorite factoid about this dog:
he shares a name with one of my grandfathers. The shelter named him TR, and our friend kept it. (My grandfathers shared a birthday--tomorrow, btw--and they each sometimes went by their initials. I like that symmetry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment