Friday, November 18, 2022

All Day

Inspirational song: I Fall to Pieces (Patsy Cline)

Turns out, seven and a half hours of intense grandma-work is a bit more than I had in me today. I tried to hang in there, but man, by the time the crew went home, I was wiped out. I stumbled back to my room, plugged in my dead-battery devices, changed into jammies, and called it a night. I think I essentially gave up at 8:30. Some Friday, huh?

During his more cheerful moments, Dmitri displayed some improved hand-eye coordination. I've been trying to get him interested in toys for a week or two. Today he grabbed a lightweight rattle by its plastic cage end, and pulled it successfully to his mouth. He did it more than once, so I know it was intentional. Plus, he self-soothed with hard-core thumb sucking. When he was fussing about being tired and needed to be rocked to sleep, I was thrilled he found his own groove.

Now if only his big sister would consistently nap when she is supposed to. I feel bad for the exhausted toddler we must have unleashed on her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment