Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Doodling

Inspirational song: Colour My World (Chicago)

There was a lot of activity at Smith Park today. Starting early this morning, we were dog-sitting our old friend's dog TR. He has stayed with us before, and our dogs like his company. But he has a bit of separation anxiety, and when his daddy left him here it was like a toddler's first time at day care. Lots of barking, lots of whining. I felt terrible that I had to leave TR and Saoirse outside while I was at Rotary. Our poor neighbors, having to listen to both knuckleheads for hours.

I had the kids here today too. In between lots of cooing and proto-syllables, Dmitri had some rage. Lots of holding his body rigid and flopping backwards. I can't guess whether it was a tummy and or gas issue, or something else. For sure that kid hates nothing more than an empty stomach or a full diaper. He chewed on his fingers a lot, and I have begun to wonder whether he is already feeling the pain of teething. So I stuck a finger in his mouth. I need to keep an eye on that boy. I thought I felt a tooth. Already! I'm trying to talk myself out of it, but I really felt something.

Val wanted to do her own thing today. For the most part, I was fine with that. When it was watching Toy Story or playing with musical instruments, that was great. Unfortunately, what she really wanted to do was use crayons on everything. That included my furniture and walls. It included a rebate check, that thankfully was laughably small. I kept asking her what she was doing, and from the other room, I would hear crayons being dropped. I wanted to jump up and stop her, but as I said, Cranky Boy was cranky. I'm putting the Power Paste to the test now.

No comments:

Post a Comment