Monday, November 7, 2022

Civic Pride and Civic Duty

Inspirational song: Give Me Some Money (Spinal Tap)

Boy, I was a good little American today. I went to my cancer doctor, got the omicron version of the Covid vaccine booster, voted, and bought Powerball tickets. Mr S-P raised an eyebrow when I told him these things, suggesting that paying my idiot tax doesn't count as good citizenship. Ah, but it is quintessentially American, isn't it? Maybe I should have lunched at McDonald's and gone for some practice at a gun range to polish my bona fides. 

The report from oncology was good. Doc is pleased with my progress. I'll be moving to only twice a year visits, which is encouraging. I probably have three more years on tamoxifen, which is reasonable. I was afraid it would be much longer.

So far only minimal effects from the vaccine. Just a hint of a headache. Not much of anything else yet. It has been a bit over 10 hours since the shot. I'm wondering if I won't miss side effects altogether.

I just barely peeked at tweets commenting on some sort of shenanigans at the Powerball drawing. Sounds like they had a technical malfunction making it impossible to shoot ping pong balls through a plastic tube. No need to be professional, kids. It's not like two billion dollars were on the line here. I'm not going to look at it further. I paid for a night of dreaming I will win it, and I plan on getting my money's worth. Reality will be hard enough tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment