Monday, November 28, 2022

Narrow

Inspirational song: Hot Stuff (Donna Summer)

Recon mission number one was a disappointment. I had to run to Lowe's for a couple tiny objects, and while there, I was instructed to peek at wall ovens so we can get an idea what we are looking at for a replacement. I barely noticed prices or features, because I only looked at widths. Our cute 1959 house has a very narrow space for the wall oven, so we have been working with a 24 inch wide unit that probably replaced the original oven that came with the house. Every single oven on display at Lowe's was 30 inches wide. I barely allowed myself a dramatic sigh before I wandered away to the danger zone (I needed saucers for plants, so I had to go there). Perhaps the next research step will be online, so I can identify who actually sells dinky ovens for mid-century houses. I really wish I could upsize, but that would involve a full remodel, which is not in the cards right now.

I took a few pictures of the kids today. It was yet another tag-team nap experience. When one would go down, the other would get loud and active. Boy is getting some skill at holding on to things and successfully getting them to his mouth. Maybe soon he will be able to hold his own bottle himself, thus freeing up my arms for other actions more often. I think things will get a little easier when he gains a hint of independence. I can't wait to see him rolling around in his sister's flying car walker.

I intended to rest my elbows on my window sill and watch it snow for a few minutes before settling down to write. Instead I was startled to see two police cruisers stopped in the road in front of our house, pointed opposite directions, with the collected officers standing in the road chatting, in my direct line of sight. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. I didn't see anything either. But one cop was parked just past the bed of Mr S-P's farm truck, and the back of his Explorer was open. I can't imagine what the deal was. I assume if he had found something amiss with one of our cars, he would knock on the door? Before I could identify the situation, he drove off, and the other cop sat in her cruiser parked across the street, head down like she was writing a report. I wish I had seen the beginning of this event, so I could know whether to be concerned. I will choose to let it go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment