Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The Look

Inspirational song: Here I Go Again (Whitesnake)

There are very few things in the world cuter than a cat studying a target that they are preparing to murder. Something about how their eyes get big and their face gets rounder makes me giggle every time. It's even cute enough to overlook it a few times when the object of their murderous desires is something I'm trying to work on in my lap. I wasn't fast enough with the camera to capture Athena's big eyes, but Alfred was fixated enough not to notice and look disinterested when I pulled out the camera.

It seems that the extra whining yesterday, and maybe the extra eye-rubbing, was an indicator that the kids weren't feeling a hundred percent. Val was definitely down this morning, and Dmitri might have been as well. Whether there was an actual bug, I have no idea, but I spent the afternoon and evening thinking I had a little of whatever they had too. The worst part for me has been a headache, followed by grumpiness. 

Everyone needs a friend who will look at them and ask baldly, "are you tired or sad," like mine did today. While I explained that I was just so tired that it was stressing me out, knowing that my face betrayed how bad I felt convinced me that it was probably worse than usual. I gave myself the rest of the day off after that, and I'm about to go to bed early. I have to be at the airport stupid early, so I can't have a late night. Not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment