Sunday, November 27, 2022

Rolling

Inspirational song: Traveling Man (Ricky Nelson)

Holy heck! When did it get to be almost midnight? I put my feet up once the kids left, and chilled out for a while. I made a late dinner, and then have been watching YouTube videos ever since. Suddenly the Mr is putting Murray out for the last peepees of the night, and the lamps on timers are going out. That seemed fast. Or maybe I was just that enthralled with my cooking, sewing, and houseplant videos. Probably that last part.

I intended to get the Christmas tree inside and lit today. There is a tall specimen brought back from the claim waiting in my backyard for Mr S-P to trim it and bring it in. But we have run up against a dilemma. We have too many chairs in the living room, and we are out of places to stash one for the holiday season. I either need to get very creative or follow through on my 2021 vow to donate the old swivel rocker. There are not a lot of good options yet.

Kids were cute if somewhat needy today. The boy can roll over from his tummy to his back, and he can get from his back to his side. He is a travelin' little man. Val is going through all of the expected two year old phases, repeating them kind of at random. At her house, she nearly pulled her own Christmas tree over on herself by the light cord, and she cried hysterically when I jumped up and ran over to stop her from getting squished. She thought I was mad, not recognizing protective panic. That's one phase I hope she grows out of soon. I don't like it when a gentle "Oh, be careful," from me turns into tears from her. She's so smart, but oh, so sensitive right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment