Thursday, November 10, 2022

Unfashionable On Purpose

Inspirational song: Vogue (Madonna)

You know I can't lie to you. Can't really keep secrets either, even when I try. (Never tell me important stuff that mustn't get out eventually.) So when I say I am a colossal nerd, and am comfortable dressing the part, I mean it. If I were to make a pie chart, it would reveal that nearly half my wardrobe now comes from Costco, and is either super soft, super stretchy, or both at once. Another "almost half" is evenly divided between Target, Walmart, and Old Navy clothes. If I want something special, I go to Marshall's, and that's pretty rare these days. So when I found out that Costco was putting out a sweatshirt with the Kirkland Signature logo on it, you know I had to have one! I have been obsessed for months since I heard about it. Today was the first time I saw one in person, and you bet that puppy came home with me. Did I currently have disposable income to put on a silly sweatshirt? Not really. But was I leaving without one? Nuh-uh.

My friend and I went to Costco to exchange a jacket I picked up for her in the wrong color, and to wander around and have a good time. It wasn't a big stock-up trip, just a tour around the store, since she isn't a Costco member. At least not yet. They are putting in a new store on the east side of town, and half my Rotary club seems skeptical that it will be an improvement for local shoppers. 

Then there is me, doing drive-bys of the site to see the progress they are making on prepping the ground where it will sit. And darned if there wasn't a big change today. We went past it as I drove my friend home, and the steel frame is in place! I wish I'd had my camera open when I went past. Another Rotarian on city council said Costco has this down to such a tight schedule that once the frame is under construction, it is 100 days until doors open. Our countdown clock has started.

(I'm actively pushing down the bile of bad memories of our Whole Foods sitting built but unopened for 11 months.)


No comments:

Post a Comment