Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Cumulative Effect

Inspirational song: Take It to the Limit (The Eagles)

I appear to have found the line, the maximum I can do in a week and still have a few synapses firing in my brain. I found it, and I crossed it. You saw the pictures I posted over the last few days, with the visible fatigue on my face from babysitting and everything else. I thought going to bed early last night with a painkiller would reset me. It sort of did, for as long as it took me to drive L to the airport early this morning. I stopped at the giant King Soopers in Reunion to get a little breakfast for the trip back, and from that moment on, I was a zombie on wheels. I'm not quite sure how I managed to get back to town. My whole body was vibrating from the drive.

I didn't have time to go back to the house before Rotary, so I went straight to the meeting from the highway. I was still in the sweatpants I threw on for the airport run, and I had no discernable makeup on. There was no doubt how tired I was. I ate lunch, and tried to pay attention to the early part of the meeting. I couldn't do it. I left early and went home. I got here right around 1 o'clock, and by 1:05 I was in bed, cuddled between Saoirse and Alfred. I fell asleep on my right side, and slept hard for almost 2 hours, staying in the exact same spot and position the whole time. 

I'll try for a more exciting day tomorrow. This was what I needed today. I'll stop here, with a picture of utter betrayal: Saoirse horrified to see me eat an entire ice cream cone and not put a single crumb in her mouth. I'm such a bad mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment