Sunday, November 20, 2022

No Drama

Inspirational song: Sometimes It's Easy (Hoyt Axton)

There has been too much angst and woe around here lately. Finally today Grandma and Grandpa caught a break. The kids arrived in good moods, and went down early for a nap. Mr S-P put on one of those black screen rain videos, and they stayed asleep at the same time for over an hour and a half. I feel like we cheated somehow. It was too easy.

I found a way to get my sewing fix without setting up a big messy cutting and machine stitching station, or going out and spending money I don't have right now on a cotton summer dress with yards and yards of bias tape. I have been craving needlework, and today I thought of a design I want to embroider. I sketched out a design, and tomorrow I will transfer it to cloth and set to it. I originally intended to do it on a white cloth I found in my fabric dresser, but as I type, I realize how dumb that is. Remember me obsessing about that children's book The Dragon Who Liked to Spit Fire? I'm going to embroider Darius the dragon, spitting fire at night. Why would I use a white background? So now I need to dig through my fabric stores again, and find a plain black cloth not being used for anything else. I have one in mind already, if it would do the trick.

I guess tomorrow I need to figure out how to transfer the design with a chalk, and maybe get the perfect blue-violet floss to make my dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment