Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Sure

Inspirational song: That's All (Genesis)

Like night follows day, this was a recovery afternoon, from all the stress of costume making and whatnot. I still had things to do this morning, including setup and takedown of the Rotary meeting, but once I got home and settled in to play an iPad game, my mind and body shut down, and I threw the cat off my lap and lay down in the bedroom. Three hours later (you read that right), I heard the Mr try to feed Saoirse. Every time he suggested she go on the back porch to eat, she ran and jumped on the bed by me. Then she would go see him, and repeat the process, ad nauseum. Finally he came in to check on both of us. I told him she was probably trying to alert him that I was nigh comatose. After that, I got up at at least spent the rest of the evening in a chair. It was nice having a few hours off, but I gotta get back in the swing of things in the morning.

A good friend came to me at lunch today and said I need to learn one small but very important word. I asked, "is it no?" She nodded. I'm not really good at throwing that one around. Like really not good. Maybe next life.

No comments:

Post a Comment