Tuesday, November 8, 2022

If You Can Keep It

Inspirational song: It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine) (R.E.M.)

Oh, wow. This was unexpected. For the first three Covid shots I got, I barely had any reaction. Just got a little sleepy. It made me wonder if it was even working. Not so much this time. We got up at 3 to watch the last few minutes to totality of the lunar eclipse, and I was a little wobbly on my feet. By morning, I felt wholly rotten. I stayed in bed until 9 or so, and then sat in my chair as long as I could stand it. Once it occurred to me that I wasn't going to make it to Rotary, I crawled back in bed, and here I have stayed. 

It feels a lot like a flu, but without the deep chest portion of a cough. I don't often get this kind of sick, based on my autoimmune experiences. I don't have as many methods and tricks to handle it as I do my usual junk. I just hope that this means I'm getting a really good immune response this time around.

I was supposed to join the folks next door for a Death of Democracy party. Was going to bring a bottle of wine, and they were providing a steak dinner, and we were going to freak out over election returns. Instead, I never could stand up long enough to shower and put on clean pajamas to go over there. I had a small plate of steak and potatoes delivered, and it was the first food I ate all day. Even after all the sleeping I did all day, I'm strongly considering turning off the TV and turning in for the night, at 9 pm. 

I thought about putting up a selfie of how crummy I feel. Changed my mind when I saw the black circles under my eyes from yesterday's eye liner. Ugh. I looked as bad as I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment