Monday, November 21, 2022

Cranks

Inspirational song: Sir Duke (Stevie Wonder)

Aw, do I really have to write tonight? I'm sore and tired and so, so cranky. It was a long day, and maintaining an even temperament has been the biggest challenge. I just want to take a tramadol and try to sleep. Every inch of me hurts.

We had things we needed at Walmart, my kid and I, so I picked everyone up early. We lied to ourselves and said the crowds wouldn't be so bad on a Monday morning. That was not true. We spent almost two hours there, and I still had to go to a separate craft store to get the right color for my dragon embroidery. I dropped my daughter off, and brought the kids here for babysitting. That's when things really went off the rails.

We used up all the concurrent sleeping luck yesterday. Could not align schedules today. And there was so much crying. So. Much. Crying. I had to just turn Valerie loose with crayons, and hope that she stayed off the walls this time, while I held the little man who could not find his chill. He needed to be next to a human at all times, no sleeping on the bed allowed. These guys are cute, but man, they are a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment