Friday, November 25, 2022

In the Blink of an Eye

Inspirational song: Jack and Diane (John Mellencamp)

Oops, I appear to have blown off the entire day. It's not like I would have gone black Friday shopping or anything, but I did intend to tidy up the mess in the dining room and prepare to decorate for Christmas. I did nothing of the sort. First thing this morning I settled down with a cup of coffee and a freshly-washed fuzzy blanket that smelled divine, and suddenly it was late afternoon, and the Mr was feeding the animals dinner while daylight faded. I seriously don't know how the entire day vanished. I ought to feel chagrined or something, but honestly, I don't. I'm kind of relaxed and feeling pleasant over the whole thing. Now I'm cuddled with my two floofy girls, as usual, and I regret nothing. I'll worry about decorating tomorrow, when Valerie is here to make it go slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment