Thursday, November 3, 2022

More Than a Trace

Inspirational song: My Sharona (The Knack)

Snow has returned! Yippee! 

Sure, not everyone is as excited as I am about the return of frozen precipitation. But for real, the Denver Snow account exists on Twitter. I'm not alone being giddy today. 

My daughter sent some videos when it started snowing. In the first one, she carried a bright-eyed baby out the front door, and I really had to stop and re-orient myself to recognize that she was carrying the boy and it wasn't a video from two years ago for Val's first snow. Those kids look so much alike. She had to wake Val from her nap to go play in the snow, and once she shrugged off the lethargy of sleep, she was thrilled to discover that grandma was right, and it did snow today like I told her it would.

By the time the sun went down, we had maybe an inch and a half of accumulation on the grass and cars. The roads were merely wet. I finally started to feel chilly, and went wandering off to change into warm flannel, singing "my pajamas" to the tune of "My Sharona." I live for nights like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment