Thursday, March 9, 2023

Big Wheel Keep On Turning

Inspirational song: Sunrise, Sunset (Fiddler on the Roof)

If I were to be quizzed about what happens in a given day, I can't always get the answers right. Today might be one of those days, and this blog is my quiz. I know today existed. I'm just not sure I was there.

I shuffled around some. I napped some. Eventually I ate some. I thought I had let myself recover enough over the last few days, but I guess my brain had other ideas. Nothing got done in an efficient, straight-line sort of way. 

I intended to repot a plant that had been hiding from me in the basement for months. The Mr cares for this one, and I had honestly forgotten it was down there. From the look of the root system, he might have forgotten a little too. I don't know how long ago it was put in this pot, but I don't think it happened at this address. The roots were a thick wheel at the bottom, and the soil level was barely halfway up the pot. I knocked all of the depleted soil off of it and discarded it outside, and untangled the root wheel as much as was possible, pruning what was just useless. I put it in a fresh, lighter mix, and tried to wrap a few of the trailing vines against the surface to encourage some nodes to activate and maybe fill in the top. A few bits broke off, and I have those cut up in water to propagate. I have plans for potential offspring of this particular plant, so we shall see whether they come to fruition. The rest of the plant is improved, but I'm reserving judgement until I see how it takes to its new digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment