Monday, March 27, 2023

Game Changed

Inspirational song: Jump (Van Halen)

Wait a minute. Where did six inches of snow come from? All of northern Colorado was surprised by an unannounced spring snow this morning. The closer you got to the Wyoming border, the deeper the snow was. Fort Collins got ten inches. The airport in Denver got less than two. It felt like spring snow, too. Wet and fluffy at the same time. Melted off roads and sidewalks by mid-afternoon. Heavy coats not needed.

I needed cereal, and I intended to go to Walmart where I know the honey nut Chex come in family size. Instead, by the time I picked up my daughter and the kids, I changed the hustle and we went to Target. On the way, we picked up coffee at Ziggi's, and my whole world was rocked out from under me. They have a gluten-free breakfast sandwich that is actually really tasty, and available all day. I don't think you realize how badly it SUCKS only being able to get fries from McDonald's as the one option for drive-thru window food when away from home and hangry. I have gone almost ten freaking years like this, unable to trust any drive-thru not to gluten me, and send me into a tailspin. I just wanted to be able to get some kind of sandwich that won't hurt me, and it wasn't until this very day that I found one. There are Ziggi's coffee shops all over northern Colorado (it started here in my hometown), so pretty much anywhere I go now has a quick grab-and-go sandwich for me. My life has changed.

Our shenanigans at Target were as fun as always, with Valerie running laps around the store, and Dmitri showing off how strong he is now, both sitting and standing. For a trip that was literally to buy a box of cereal, we sure spent a lot of time in that store, and halfway through we had to go get a second cart. Cereal. Yeah.

Oh, and if anyone is still on crawl watch, that boy did actual knee moving in a head-first direction today! I did not catch it on video, but I did notice as he was moving around the living room, going from sitting to prone and back again, he discovered that now he can get into stuff all by himself. He thinks emptying a diaper bag is pretty darned fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment