Thursday, March 23, 2023

Comfort and Joy

Inspirational song: More Than a Feeling (Boston)

I spend a lot of time with my glasses pushed up on top of my head. There is almost always a cat on my lap, in my way, so I end up holding my devices or reading material so close to my face that I can't focus on them with my glasses on. It makes my view of the rest of the world a bit blurry, but in a lovely astigmatic starburst sort of way. I've noticed that my most common view, that of my plant corner, is not diminished in any way by the lack of focus. I love it all, from the bright, soft white grow lights, to the jumble of leaves, to the accidental pale blue walls that so closely resemble my grandmother's living room in Ada. (Accidental because I intended to paint them gray, and was gifted a mis-tint paint that was supposedly battleship gray. Once I diluted it with white, it wasn't.)

I got to be someone's emotional support animal again today. They had an appointment they couldn't get out of, that brought up all sorts of bad feelings, both emotional and physical. I promised I would be available in any way I was needed. I was there, offering my arm as a sacrifice for squeezing during the hard part. Thank goodness it all went fast and much less distressing than anyone expected. I was glad for my friend who had an easier experience.

Tomorrow is back to work being grandma. I suppose I should stop trying to compose and turn in. I have to be well-rested now that the little man is so very close to being self-propelled. I have to pay closer attention, both as protector and videographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment