Sunday, March 5, 2023

Get Better

Inspirational song: Number 9 Dream (John Lennon)

I promise, if things aren't better enough by morning, I will call and request an acute care appointment with my primary care provider. I considered urgent care, but even knowing the closest one is UC Health, which Tricare does like, I have a lot of reasons to steer away from that sort of setup. I'm too complex a case to go to a stranger, who isn't familiar with my medical history. If they decide antibiotics are actually called for (which I doubt), then finding one I can take without an allergic or otherwise awful reaction is a whole process. Explaining how I've been cold turkey off my meds for a week and a half and why that's bad is another strike against going to a stranger. Then my fear of a surprise giant bill makes it unlikely I would go to urgent care without being dragged. I'm going to pray that instead, real Sudafed and mucinex will let me sleep tonight, and I'll wake feeling like I can breathe without choking on ick.

Yesterday I looked up a more detailed version of the "track my package" for my missing pills. Looks like they shipped on February 21, made it to Denver on the 23rd, transferred to a contract delivery company in the wee hours of February 24th. From there it vanished off the face of the earth. So I called Express Scripts to find out what to do. They said I could get an emergency one month refill from my doctor, but they couldn't refill the whole supply until it was a full month late. I had to wait until Monday to call the doctor for the assist. So is it weird that suddenly today I get an email update saying my package was found in Albuquerque? Did Express Scripts put the screws to them? How long will it take to get here from Albuquerque, and will it detour again?

All of this is making it harder to enjoy being with the kids on my regular days. My coughing wakes Dmitri up during his naps, and I can't keep up with Valerie. I'll be watching them solo for several hours tomorrow, assuming I can get in and out of any potential medical appointment early in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment