Thursday, March 30, 2023

The Best Kind of Day

Inspirational song: Tell Me Something Good (Rufus and Chaka Khan)

This was supposed to be a do-nothing day. I tried to stick to that, but I couldn't quite make it. Yes, I stayed in pajamas until like 3 in the afternoon, but I wasn't napping and lolling about. It took me roughly two hours to take care of all of my urgent plant chores. Of all the living room plants, only three stayed in place to get water. The other few dozen of them were taken to the sink, inspected, trimmed if necessary, watered thoroughly, and drained before putting back in place. That takes time. It also means heavy lifting for several of them, and I was already tired from yesterday. But man, it felt good to get it all done at once. 

I discovered some of my little plant buddies are finally starting to notice that spring has arrived. I had begun to despair that either of my hoya carnosa krimson varieties were ever going to wake up, after months of them not budging. The krimson princess has three new growth points, and finally--finally--the krimson queen has a millimeter of new growth on its only stem. All of my philodendrons are truly awake now, including the newest Brazil that is already bushier than when it came home with me a week or so ago.

I spent time next door this afternoon, paying attention to the house more than the neighbors for once. We talked a little about what ought to be fixed before listing, and what isn't important. We are hoping to be on the market within 2 weeks. It feels like a big hill to climb, but I will do what it takes to make it work. We already have good comps, so we know our list price. From here, I just have to hope the offer they choose is from a cool person who wants to live here, rather than a corporate landlord kind of thing. Please, please, send owner occupiers our way.

I went out with my son-in-law and the kids to shop for a replacement microwave. Theirs stopped working, and they are so sick of relying on a backup countertop model. We found one that will work (in this case, more basic more better), but it's on a truck, headed this way, not in stock yet. While we waited for confirmation from my daughter that this one was good enough to pre-purchase, I had time to stroll through the plant section, and have one jump into my hands. Meet Patrick, the starfish sansevieria. Hidden from view is his tiny pup friend, sprouting in the back of his pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment