Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Not Ready

Inspirational song: Nothing Compares 2 U (Sinead O'Connor)

I'm not ready. The neighbors are making the first trip to Minnesota tomorrow, and she and the baby are staying. He will return at the end of the month to put the house on the market. I wanted to believe they would be here forever, no matter how many times he told me he didn't intend to do that (even before he met his wife). 

The Mr came home with takeout dinner, but before I could eat a bite, he dragged me over to say goodbye to the neighbors. I really tried. Between being hungry and having an inexplicably anxious tummy, I couldn't do it. I came home to eat and never went back. I texted a conditional farewell, and I will try to catch them tomorrow before they drive off.

I had very little sleep last night thanks to Harvey. At 5 he had found something metal to bat around the kitchen tile. At dawn he caught sight of an animal outside my window, and did a spin kick right into the trellis of the rhaphidophora tetrasperma, and knocked it to the floor. The only benefit I got from waking so early, was to see how the east light is coming in on my plant shelf as spring approaches.

I'm going to try to maintain my equilibrium as the neighbors move away, but it is going to be difficult. He has been our closest non-family friend for almost 8 years.

I hate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment