Saturday, March 25, 2023

Not the Same

Inspirational song: Great Gig in the Sky (Pink Floyd)

Back in the old days, when I watched a lot of HGTV and DIY Network, they made home expos look like Disney World. Huge displays of every kind of product imaginable, including a lot of things we never imagined were possible... or desirable. Those shows were fun to watch. They made me want to go to home shows. 

In person, in a small county, a home and garden expo just isn't as magical as on HGTV. It was more like walking into Willy Wonka's office than his chocolate room. I went to the local one wanting to see a whole lot of garden displays. Instead it was like twelve window installers and seven solar installers all calling out to get us to hire them. There were a few displays that weren't just contractors with duplicate products from the guys down the row. And for all that it was billed as a spring home and garden show, there was very little in the way of gardening. Crestfallen, we left after half an hour, and went for breakfast.

I saved a bunch of my breakfast leftovers to hand to a baby boy, so he could smash up some GF pancakes and scrambled eggs. He seemed to really enjoy it. Valerie got half of my leftovers too, but she ate more delicately, with a fork, sitting at the table. Both kids still have colds, possibly the same virus I had a couple weeks ago. At least I hope it was the same virus that I might already have antibodies to. Valerie is starting to understand when we say please cough into the crook of your elbow. Dmitri just lets the spittle fly right into our faces when he needs to cough. And we have wiped enough noses in the last two days to qualify for a major award, surely.

Today's photos look like each kid was lost in thought most of the time. I guess I just got lucky with my timing. Excuse me while I go delete a bunch of blurry action pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment