Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Smooth as a Baby's Butt

Inspirational song: See Me, Feel Me (The Who)

On the dream team of doctors I have now, one of the sweetest, most wholesome of the lot is my dermatologist. Visiting her is always positive and uplifting, even on the day she biopsied a basal cell carcinoma on my nose. She's just so darned nice. I saw her today, and left feeling good about the world, as always. She looked me over from my scalp to the soles of my feet. All clear. She was great about answering my questions and encouraging me to think of anything I could to ask. I go back right before New Years Eve, and I admit I'm looking forward to it. 

I had to find a way to fill the hour plus between the end of the Rotary meeting and my appointment show time. Right as we were preparing to end the meeting, I got a text with a picture of both kids in the dual seat shopping cart at Home Depot, and I told them to wait there while I raced over to give cuddles and wander through the store with them. Valerie saw me from a couple of aisles away and ran to greet me. When I got close enough to make eye contact with Dmitri, he looked startled and confused, not sure how I apparated out of thin air during his shopping trip with his parents. He seemed pleased, but a little nonplussed.

I'll end with a fragment of a story. In the group chat, we learned that Valerie was refusing to put her pants back on after a potty encounter. Our daughter gave in and just let her do her thing. Our son-in-law used a proper noun as a verb in the best possible way, saying what, we just take it on faith and let her Donald Duck around the house? Now I cannot stop giggling at the imagery. I'll bet she was proud of herself for getting to choose her own adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment