Saturday, March 11, 2023

Irish Goodbye

Inspirational song: She's a Rainbow (The Rolling Stones)

I am in deep, deep denial that the end is coming so soon. Neighbor A and baby Cece are leaving midweek, so we had the combination birthday and send-off party today. It started with a pub crawl of sorts, from a brewery to a cidery, and then a distillery. I wasn't prepared for booze in the afternoon, so I stayed home from that part, and joined in at the Irish pub for dinner. It was a good crowd of familiar faces, people I hope I get to see again after our dear friends move away. When they were down at our end of the table, she suggested all of us coming up to go to the Minnesota state fair with them, which is one of her favorite traditions. I could get into that. She also promised they would come back and visit a lot, and I plan on holding them to that.

My ears are still ringing a bit from the loud restaurant. I plan on watching very quiet videos in bed from here until I fall asleep again. I got a few pretty cute photos, and they can tell the rest of the tale for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment