Friday, March 10, 2023

Throw Blanket

Inspirational song: Insane in the Brain (Cypress Hill)

Would it be fair to blame my extra level of loopiness on the strong antibiotics, the last of which I took today? Or perhaps my body readjusting to getting all my meds and supplements? Or even having two respiratory illnesses in two months, one of which has a significantly negative correlation with neurological effects? Some combination of all of the above, I'm sure. I just have no focus, and very little short term memory. I have to ask people to repeat what they've said to me a lot. I sure hope this is temporary.

By the time the kids left this evening, I was draped over the couch like one of my seasonal throw blankets, kind of wrinkled and lurching to one side. And, not unlike said blankets, I barely had a clue how I got here. I've basically been here for four hours now, other than one trip to the kitchen for a bowl of ice cream. Shouldn't rest make you feel rested? I will be proud of myself if I manage to stumble into the bedroom in the next 20 minutes.

I think the silver lining in all this is I'm barely coughing at all now. The Zithromax did its job. Bronchitis is gone now. Other than lingering post-nasal drip, which might be unavoidable with spring sneaking up on us, I'm over the bad stuff. I just need to figure out how to recharge my batteries, and I'll be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment