Sunday, March 12, 2023

Spring Stuff

Inspirational song: Just the Way You Are (Billy Joel)

Oh, Colorado weather, you fickle temptress. The next three days are just a tease, aren't they? Beautiful days, and not even freezing on Tuesday night. Then it will be a regular springtime in the Rockies, and turn to yuck on Thursday. It will be enough to get me excited about turning my planty attention to the front porch, but it will chase me inside before I get much done. If nothing else, I'll sweep up leaves and maybe empty the dead twigs of last year's flowers from the pots I plan to reuse. There is still so much to be done in our multi-year front yard project that the earlier I start my portion, the better chance I have of seeing the rest done before the grandkids are in college.

Emails have reminded me that today was selection Sunday. I never looked to see whether CU made it into the basketball tournament because, well, this was not one of those seasons where it was likely. Sure, stranger things have happened, so maybe they're in there, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't have cable or a streaming sports package for my TV, so I'm not sure how I would watch the tournament should I find myself interested. I'm still thinking about filling out a bracket or two for fun anyway. I will choose teams not based on how good I think they are or who I truly believe will win, but by whether thoughts of each school or place "spark joy." I mean, it's as good a method as any other when it comes to March Madness. Might even be a successful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment