Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Anchor Babies

Inspirational song: If You Leave Me Now (Chicago)

I'm starting to write a little early tonight. Usually I haven't formulated an idea until 10 pm or even later. This time I just want to show my daily struggle. I need to acquire dinner, now that it is 8 pm. The Mr went up to his mountain all day, so I'm on my own for food. Yet I am completely trapped, unable to feed myself because of the overwhelming guilt I will feel throwing Harvey and Jackie off my lap. These two don't get nearly as much cuddle time as the other two, so how can I move them? If I hadn't burned through so much money lately, maybe I would consider ordering Door Dash from my phone, and using the sound of a ringing doorbell and loud dog barking to startle them into running off on their own volition. As it stands, my leftovers are just fifteen feet away in the fridge. Might as well be ten miles.

I paid for my lease and owner agreement forms today. Because I didn't ask for any specific personalization, incurring additional lawyer fees, they were a mere $700. I am now officially in for more than I will make off the one confirmed client in a year. Jeez Louise, I need more people to take a chance on me, if for no other reason than to help me cover my startup costs. The forms I'm buying have to be drawn up by a lawyer, who the paralegal I corresponded with named, not that I could remember it to save my life. Not sure how long that takes. It's all boilerplate language, right?

My email from my old brokerage turns back into a pumpkin on the 31st. I have been going nearly non-stop today (other than time at Rotary) to delete the thousands of old emails I had floating around in it, and saving addresses I might want later. I am under 350 new emails (mostly automated stuff I ignored years ago), and under 1000 total now. This is going to be a long night. I'm gonna have to throw these cats off me and go to 5 Guys or something for the energy to pull an all-nighter. Sorry, cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment