Tuesday, May 2, 2023

It Might Just Work Now

Inspirational song: Follow You Follow Me (Genesis)

Holy cow. I think I have almost all of this sorted out. I had been going over all my key details in tiny bites, writing longhand in my notebook in the way my brain likes to work. I repeated some bits several times, but that seemed to help me process it better. Until tonight, it seemed like a scattered mess of projections and market analysis and whatnot. But I had a self-imposed deadline of tonight to make it all make sense, and sure enough, when I started typing the highlights in an email to my current boss, it fell mostly into place. I can see the logic in it all now, and it's starting to look feasible. Smart, even. This is going to be real, isn't it?

I have been lurking around the big box garden centers for weeks now, waiting for the Proven Winners annuals to show up. After Rotary today, I zipped out fast and went to Lowe's to check for them. I meant to go to Home Depot, but I drove straight through one intersection instead of turning, and when I noticed I had done it, I said to myself I'm pointed at Lowe's. Might as well keep going.

There wasn't a huge selection of Supertunias, but there were some. That was the sign I was waiting for. There were some gorgeous reds and one called "Latte," but none were the Vista variety. They certainly didn't have Supertunia Vista Jazzberry. I'll go to Home Depot looking for them in a day or two.

This is not to say I went home empty handed. I bought two of the drop-in mixes, composed mostly of Supertunias. They are different colored mixes, and I put them in some hanging baskets and set them out on a shepherds hook we acquired somewhere late last growing season. I found some vivid magenta flowers sort of shaped like African daisies, but they were something different I wasn't familiar with. When I was there a week ago, I saw a hosta I really liked, with blue-ish margins and a creamy green center. Today they had only three left. Now they have two, as I wasn't leaving without it again. 

I guess now that I have my business startup research mostly done, I can allow myself a little gardening. As a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment