Saturday, May 20, 2023

Leafkiller

Inspirational song: Call Me (Blondie)

That damned dog did it again. A big part of why I rearranged the living room yesterday was that twice while I was outside of the house, she knocked the big philodendron into the window. While no damage was done either time, I couldn't risk it again. So today, while I was gone, she lost her mind trying to get at some random pedestrian in front of our house (most likely walking a dog), and clawed five big leaves off of the same plant, in its lower position. She cannot be trusted. I have to move things around again, and I used a large paint stick and a chopstick to prop up the two parts of the plant that were flopped over and miserable. Seriously, dog. Stop doing this! Other dogs exist, and they walk past our house every day. Get over it.

I revisited the website of the state agency that regulates my business. I finally had all my ducks in a row to complete the upgrade in status of my broker's license. I got all the way to the end, to entering my credit card information and hitting complete transaction. The website threw out an error page, saying it couldn't process. So I closed the window, took a few deep breaths, and tried again. It had the little shopping cart icon, so I went to that only. Resent it. Same error page. An hour or so later, it occurred to me I could just check my bank account to see whether it processed or not. Naturally, there were two pending transactions. At this point, I really don't care. I've spent so much money that this was minimal. As long as the license upgrade takes, I'm not going to chase them down for a refund on the second attempt. I have done the cost benefit analysis, and discovered that it is worth $25 to me not to make a phone call to admit my foolishness. So if you ever wondered how I value my time, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment