Thursday, May 4, 2023

In Business

Inspirational song: The Rake's Progress (Marillion)

What's that? What did I do today? Oh, not much. Just founded my first LLC, that's all. 

I know a lot of people have these, but it still feels like a big deal to me. It is a concrete step towards this wild idea that has been sending me into one tizzy after another for a month. Immediately after registering with the secretary of state website, I tried to go onto the regulatory agency site to switch from associate broker at Headwaters to independent, and I couldn't log in to save my life. I had the email and password saved in my iPad, and it kept kicking it out, and then when I tried other passwords I thought maybe it had changed to, none of those worked either. I eventually used up all my allowed tries, and by then it was time to go to lunch with a realtor friend who is very supportive in me starting this business. He had some good suggestions.

After lunch, I went and picked up my daughter and the kids, and we went to wander the brand new Costco that opened here today. I needed only a few things (sugar, almond flour, and chocolate syrup), and my daughter just wanted to get the full Costco experience now that it's an easy 10 minute drive from our houses. We started with them sharing the classic $1.50 hot dog and drink meal, and we walked the whole store, letting them take all the samples they wanted. Let's not talk about Dmitri swatting the tiny cup of coffee out of his mommy's hand, and splashing it all over that brand new pristine floor. Now that we have one close, I guess each trip there will feel less like an uncontrollable binge. We actually got out for under a hundred bucks today. That seems like progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment