Tuesday, May 16, 2023

What a Week

Inspirational song: One Step Beyond (Madness)

It is so nice to be able to recognize that what I am feeling is your basic, run-of-the-mill, bog standard muscle fatigue. There isn't anything new wrong with me. I simply did too many physical things. And how lovely to feel up to all that in the first place. I shopped for my girl's birthday, I helped set up Rotary, I planted a container of annuals and a hydrangea out in the yard (to be fair, I had help digging the hole), and I put away laundry. There was probably more, but these are the things that made the whole back half of me sore.

This is a pretty good week for birthdays in our circle. Today is my mom's birthday. I told her last week that my gift was loaning her my favorite bag of bricks. Once she actually held Dmitri, she understood what I was telling her. (Boy is solid.) Tomorrow is Valerie's birthday, and I'm not sure who is more excited, Valerie or grandpa. He has been telling her for weeks that as soon as she turned 3, they were going to the climbing gym together. They are going first thing in the morning, and then we are all meeting for breakfast. And to wrap up the string of good days to be born, our college roommate who is a key part of the game group has a birthday on Thursday. Something must go right in the universe when this week rolls around every year.

I looked over my photos, and realized that nothing I acquired today was sharable. I had a screenshot of the weather map from when a strong thunderstorm rolled through this afternoon, showing the path of more hail. I took a half dozen shots in Target to run purchases past Valerie's parents and to look up info for a friend (that I ended up not needing to send). Just about the only good picture was one I stole off my daughter when she took Val to the dentist for the first time today. I didn't ask for permission to share it, so if I act chastised tomorrow, it will be because I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment