Thursday, May 18, 2023

Risk and Reward

Inspirational song: Alone Again Naturally (Gilbert O'Sullivan)

I promise you, I like people. Just not all the time or all at once. I often like to be by myself, and on weeks like this when I get multiple days in a row with just me, I'm blissed out. When I want quiet, the house is quiet. When I want noise, I crank it up. If I want to talk back to videos I'm watching or leave the door wide open when I'm in the bathroom, I do whatever I want. This is the absolute best.

I acquired my business insurance today. The cost knocked the breath out of me, but it is necessary if I am to be responsible for other people's property. The projected income they used to calculate my premium seemed a bit generous for the first year of business, but I guess now I have that much more of a fire under my butt to gain clients. Swear to me if you know anyone with residential rental property in Northern Colorado, you'll suggest me as a manager. 

I didn't accomplish quite as many big things at the house after the emotional output of getting insurance, but I did still move forward. While I was caring for my plants, I potted up a Sweet 100 cherry tomato to go in the front yard, and set it out pretty close to where it belongs. I was going to put it closer to the sidewalk, but then I thought someone might interpret that as the "take this whole thing, it's free" signal. So I moved it behind the line of the bushes along the front. I watered it in, and came inside to finish the other plants. Not an hour later, I was standing at the front window, furious, as pouring rain, wind, and small hail threatened the baby plant I had just set out. Can we not do this right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment