Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Road Trips

Inspirational song: Oklahoma Song (Hoyt Axton)

The kids made a pilgrimage to the old country this week. They look like they are having a wonderful time visiting the great-grandparents in Oklahoma. I keep getting updates of happy meetings, walks in the motherpark, family barbecue dinner, first hotel pool swims, and toddler silliness. This trip is good for everyone, especially those babies. I don't know if Dmitri will have clear memories of this week, but you know Valerie will. She will talk about this for years. And we will have photos to remind the boy of his first road trip. Valerie had her first Braum's trip today. That's my girl. Have a cherry limeade for me.

I have reached out for help getting all the business pieces in the right places and in the right order. It might take another few days to sort out, but at least I won't be doing it alone, second and third guessing every step.

I have to hit the hay early tonight. I offered to drive when J's sister goes to the airport before dawn tomorrow. We need to be on the road by 0430 or so. I might just sleep in clothes so I can roll out into the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment