Thursday, May 25, 2023

Fingerpaint

Inspirational song: Hush (Deep Purple)

Earlier this week, some friends and I were talking about fun hair colors, and as I explained how I just colored the ends of my hair in a primitive fingerpainting technique, I realized just how badly I missed having mermaid hair. In the year before I lost it all to chemotherapy, I had such a neat blend of purples, blues, and teals. I loved it. My friend who has a lot of cool magenta and deep blue in her curly dark hair reminded me to be careful I don't select colors that will clash with the red I dye my hair now. I'm pretty sure I can match purple to that again and get away with it. The young person who helped me in Sally Beauty today, with their adorable sassy green hair, convinced me to get a deep plum to go with the dark strawberry blonde I usually get. I might dye it as soon as tomorrow, and see what sort of result I get. If I like it, there will be pictures. If it doesn't show up at all, there will be pictures of kids, flowers, or pets. Place your bets now.

I feel darned near official now. I sent in an order form to a local law firm for contracts I can use between me and the owners, and leases for the tenants. It's a holiday weekend, so how soon will they process it? No idea. I brought the laser printer up from the basement (well, I wasn't the one who actually carried it), cleaned the thick layer of dust off of it, and placed it in the Ikea shelves in the dining room. I bought a new power strip for that spot, and put my laptop charger there. I almost have a real work area now. Guess I should dust off a file folder or something to put over there too, to protect stuff from cats and kids, and I'll really be in business. 

I feel utterly exhausted, mostly mentally, after everything I've done for the last month or so. I've gone way too far to turn back now, and it is starting to feel like I am a serious business owner again, for the first time since the 1990s. Not sure I know what I'm doing more than I did back then, but I'm more determined to succeed this time. I kinda have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment