Saturday, May 27, 2023

Three Unrelated Paragraphs

Inspirational song: I Sing the Body Electric (Fame)

Most of the lights on timers have gone out in the house, and I'm left with just the glow of phone and the lights over the sink and stove in the other room. That, and the occasional big flashes of lightning outside. This has been the wettest spring I can remember in many years. I think it was like this the year we moved back to Colorado, but we literally arrived on the first day of summer, so I didn't get the rain so much as the eerie intense greenness on mountains and fields that I expected to see turn brown much sooner in the year. I love this rain, but I am wondering how my plants are faring with the excess. At least my utility bills should be minimal, between rain and my solar panels. 

I didn't have a lot of patience for regular kid rowdiness today. My nerves were uncomfortable with all the jumping and bashing and grabbing, and all the other percussive things kids do. I was lucky that their grandpa took them outside while he was doing yard work and whatnot. It gave me the leeway to focus on clearing out a neglected email cache from the brokerage I'm leaving. I had to find two continuing education certificates before that email is deleted forever. Found both and printed out hard copies for the files. I'm being extra careful after the goof last year when I renewed my license and the state did an audit to make sure I had all my CE. I thought I had all the proof, yet I was wrong. Never again.

The children were covered in an unbroken layer of dirt once they came in, so we tossed both of them in the tub. It's so nice that the bag of bricks is strong enough to sit up on his own, so I don't have to lean over the tub and try to support him while he wiggles and flips over. Much easier when all one has to do is stand by and supervise. Putting clothes back on him is still an epic battle, but someday he will have the language skills to recognize that it's a battle he can't win. Not against this grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment